XAT 2021 Notification out!Anisha Mukhija
XAT 2021 Notification
The XAT 2021 Exam will be held on the 3rd January 2021 (Sunday) according to the XAT 2021 Notification which was released on the 7th September 2020 with the XAT 2021 Result being declared by the end of January 2021 by most estimates. The XAT Exam is generally the final exam in the MBA Entrance Exam Season and represents the crossover point between the MBA Entrance Exams and the further processes. The XAT 2021 Notification has been released on 7th September 2020.
XAT 2021 Exam fees
The XAT 2021 Exam Fees will not differentiate based on the category of the candidate, unlike most other MBA Entrance Exams. On the other hand, the XAT 2021 Exam fees will be based on whether the candidate fills up the form within the stipulated deadline or during the late registration window. In addition to this, the candidate is expected to pay for each XLRI Program that they wish to register for.
- XAT Registration Fee (without late fee) – Rs. 1750/-
- Candidates interested in XLRI program(s) need to pay an additional fee of Rs. 300/- each.
- Indian Candidate applying for GMP through GMAT – Rs. 2500/-
- NRI/Foreign Candidates applying for one or more programs through GMAT – Rs. 5000/-
XAT 2021 Paper Pattern
The overall XAT 2021 Paper Pattern will be announced in the XAT 2021 Notification. While the XAT 2021 Notification has not been released, the XAT 2021 Pattern is expected to remain the same as last year with the Essay Writing Section removed from the XAT Exam Pattern. The exam will consist of the following sections:
- Verbal and Logical Ability (VA & LR)
- Decision Making (DM)
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI)
- General Knowledge (GK)
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Time Limit|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||No Section Time Limit (165 Minutes Total)|
|Decision Making||21||No Section Time Limit (165 Minutes Total)|
|Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation||27||No Section Time Limit (165 Minutes Total)|
|General Knowledge||25||15 Minutes|
XAT 2021 Eligibility
Applicants must fulfill the eligibility criteria in order to take the XAT exam. The eligibility criteria is as follows-
- Applicant must have completed a 3 year bachelor’s degree or a recognized equivalent from any stream.The applicant must not possess any backlogs on their marksheet.
- While candidates with Indian citizenship can apply for XAT 2021, foreign candidates and NRI applicants may register on the basis of their GMAT Scores. This does not refer to candidates from Dubai and Kathmandu where XAT centers are available.
- Applicants in their last year are also eligible to apply on the contingency that they fulfill the admission criteria before the required deadline
- Candidates from any age group are welcome to apply for XAT 2021 as there is no bar on the age limit for the XAT entrance exam.
XAT Registration Process 2021
The registration of the applicant is the first step to applying for XAT. The following steps must be completed to register successfully.
Step 1- Register
- Go to the official site of XAT when the application forms release in August
- Go to the ‘Registration’ tab and fill in the required details in the form
- The system will generate an ID and password for you which will be sent through mail or SMS.
Step 2- Fill the Application Form
- Open the application form and fill in the required details.
- Submit the form after ensuring that no detail is incorrect or missing
Step 3- Upload Photo and Signature
The candidate must scan a copy of their photo and signature which must be uploaded in the prescribed format
|Scanned Candidate’s Passport Size Photograph||Image Dimensions: 200 x 300 pixels File Type: JPG or JPEG File size: 20 Kbs – 50 Kbs|
|Scanned Candidate’s Signature||Image Dimensions: 140 x 160 pixels File Type: JPG or JPEG File Size: 10 Kbs – 20 Kbs|
Step 4- Pay the Application Fee
- Pay the application fee through online or offline mode
|Application fee (without late fee)||1750 INR|
|Application fee (with late fee)||2000 INR|
|Extra fee for each XLRI program||300 INR|
|XLRI program fee (with late fee)||500 INR|
Step 5- Submit Application Form
- Take a printout of the confirmation page and all other documents
- Send the documents to the given address along with application fee (if paid in offline mode)
XAT Admit Card 2021
XLRI will tentatively issue the XAT Admit Card on the official website by the third week of December 2020. It will include all the required details such as information about the exam center, date and timing of the exam, instructions for candidates regarding the exam center, as well as the candidate’s registration details.
How to download XAT Admit Card?
Candidates must remember to carry two hard copies of their admit card along with them to the exam center as they will not be allowed to sit in the exam without an admit card. Follow the steps given below to download the hall ticket:
- Visit the official website xatonline.in
- Click on the login link and enter your credentials
- You can now download your XAT admit card
- Take a printout of the same
Details mentioned on XAT Admit Card
The following information will be presented on the admit card:
- Applicant’s name
- XAT Registration Number
- XAT Password
- Date and Time of the XAT 2021 Exam
- Exam Day Instructions for XAT 2021
- Candidate’s Photograph and Signature