Top 10 Social Networking Sites by Number of UsersAnisha Mukhija
Top 10 Social Networking Sites by Number of Users
A social networking site is an online platform that allows users to create a public profile and interact with other users on the website. It is also known as a social networking website or social website. Read the article to check the list of Top 10 Social Networking Sites by Number of Users for general awareness.
What is a Social Networking Site?
A social networking service is an online platform that people use to build social networks or social relationships with other people who share similar personal or career interests, activities, backgrounds, or real-life connections. Social networking sites allow users to share ideas, digital photos and videos, posts, and to inform others about online or real-world activities and events with people in their network.
Check out the Top Social Networking Sites
|Rank||Social Networking Site||No. of Users
(Owned by Facebook)
(Owned by Facebook)
|10||Sina Weibo||313||Charles Chao|
|11||Baidu Tieba||300||Robin Li Yanhong|
The latest news on Top Social Networking Sites
- Facebook has updated its monthly active user numbers to 2.23 billion in June.
- Youtube measures logged-in users and is getting closer and closer to Facebook with 1.9 billion.
- Twitter reported 336 million active monthly users in its last quarterly report. Twitter also managed to post its first-ever quarterly profit.
- VK reached 97 million monthly active users
- Reddit adds users and displays 300 million users on its website.
- WhatsApp added another 200 million monthly active users reaching 1.5 billion. Facebook Messenger promptly added another 100 million users and now they are behind WhatsApp with 1.3 billion monthly active users. Both of these mobile platforms are owned by Facebook.
- WeChat took the 3rd position as it passed QQ and Instagram with more than 189 million monthly active users as QQ continues to slide.
Social networking apps are going to grow even bigger as people adopt them into their everyday lives. Here we have listed the mobile-first social media platforms. But the Facebook mobile app would dominate this list with 1.37 billion monthly active users. As smartphones’ adoption continues, the share of the desktop use of social media platforms will fall.