Time management for CAT ExaminationAnisha Mukhija
Time management for CAT Examination
Candidates appearing for CAT or any other entrance examinations are tensed these days when it comes to their preparation.To solve this problem there is just one thing that you could do is do not keep high expectations from yourself. Enjoy this phase and try to gain knowledge as much as possible with the help of videos or giving mocks.Do not be stressed you still have time and can give your best shot.Just be calm and be focus and also use the right strategy.We tend to compromise on our sleep by doing this you are making the situation worse.
We tend to study in a time slot.For eg. we decide to study 8 ours or 10 hours and the planning never ends this results in only planning and no execution.This time slot strategy won’t help much because everyone has different strengths and weaknesses regarding the CAT syllabus.If you are good at verbal ability and weak in quantative aptitude you need to make sure you givbe more time to the weaker subject.This is how you will prioritize your study time.If you are weak or strong in all subjects then study all subjects for two hours each and the remaining time solve the questions posted on social media or give mocks.
From where to study?
If you have enrolled for classes just follow their study material strictly that’s sufficient.If not then there are alot of youtube channels that you can follow for online coaching.Some of them are
- Sarvesh kumar for Quantative Aptitude
- Rahul Singh for Verbal Ability
- Arun Sharma for Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation
- You can also join various facebook groups
How to improve your Verbal Ability?
- Read Novels such as Rich Dad Poor Dad, Straight from the gut etc.
- If you are not a reader you can also make a habit of solving Reading Comprehension as much as possible.
- Reading Editorial will also help.
- Give roughly 5-10mins per Reading Comprehension
- Improve your vocabulary for that you can refer a book named Norman Lewis.
- 24 Questions will be asked from Reading Comprehension so focus more on them.
Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation
One should practice as much as you can.But do practice more of Data Interpretation and less of Logical Reasoning.The reason behind this is because DI questions are asked more in comparison with Logical Reasoning.
Di : Lr :: 60% : 40%
If you have enrolled for CAT Classes follow the study material given by your classes or you can follow sarvesh kumar on youtube.This will approximately cover up 70%-80% syllabus.
Arithmetic:Algebra:Geometry:Modern Maths:Number System :: 25%:25%: 25%: 12%:12%:1%for miscellaneous
All the above things should be followed but the most important thing that you should do is give as many mocks as possible but don’t stop there analyzing your mock result is also important.