About IIFT Kolkata
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) was set up in 1963 by the Government of India as an autonomous organisation to help professionalise the country’s foreign trade management and increase exports by developing human resources, analysing and disseminating data and conducting research. The Institute visualises its future role as:
- A catalyst for new ideas, concepts and skills for the internationalisation of the Indian economy.
- The primary provider of training and research-based consultancy in the areas of international business, both for the corporate sector, Government and the student’s community.
- An institution with proven capability to continuously upgrade its knowledge base with a view to servicing the requirements of the Government, trade and industry through both sponsored and non-sponsored research and consultancy assignments.
- Two-year MBA (International Business), New Delhi, Kolkata, and Dar-es-Salaam
- Three-year MBA (International Business) (Part-Time), New Delhi and Kolkata
- Executive Masters in International Business, New Delhi
- Certificate Programme in Export Management, New Delhi
Admission Process and Eligibility
Admission Process and Eligibility
- Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline with 50% marks in Graduation (45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates).
- Candidates appearing in final year of Graduation can also apply subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification by 8th October 2018..
- No age limit.
Additional Eligibility for Foreign National and NRI
- In order to qualify as an international; candidate for the purpose of applying to IIFT entrance exam, a candidate should have been (expected to be) resident outside India for a period of not less than 18 months as on December 31, 2017 and be outside India during the IIFT examination window. The Indian nationals who are living, working, studying abroad should produce with application a certificate from the Indian Embassy / High Commission /Consulate of the country where the candidate is currently based, stated that the candidate has been resident in that country continuously for a period of not less than 18 months as on December 31, 2017.
- Foreign nationals need to have a valid passport/travel document from a country other than India. The Foreign nationals who are present in India at the time of IIFT entrance test are required to take the same.
- The candidate should produce Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score which should be received by the Institute latest by 15th February 2018. GMAT taken before 1st January 2016 is not valid.
- If the candidate has appeared for any MBA entrance examination for that year in India (2017) such as CAT /XAT /IIFT etc., he /she is not eligible to apply.
- Transcripts of all academic degrees/diplomas are required to be submitted along with the application. Grades or marks may be self-reported. Originals are required to be produced at the time of admission.
- Himanshu Tandon
Director, Standard Chartered Bank
- Rishi Srivastava
- Shantanu Sharma
Director,Business Development at SAP
Vivaan: Vivaan is IIFT Kolkata Campus’s International Business Summit. It is the annual flagship event of IIFT Kolkata Campus and has been conceived as an exemplar for throwing a global dimension that transcends the boundaries of academics taken in isolation. Vivaan provides a two-day window of myriad opportunities to the students to showcase their talent in pan-India competitions and to gain valuable insights through interactions with industry leaders.
The National IT Conclave: Organized at the posh Swissôtel, Kolkata, the theme of the conclave was ‘The Next Big Thing in Indian IT’. The conclave aims at providing a platform to the business leaders to share their vision on emerging trends and propose ways to tackle challenges in the Indian IT Industry.
National Agenda for Entrpreneurship: This 1st of November, IIFT Kolkata Campus chugged out a new tradition of an event aimed at nurturing the spark of idea in a young mind into a wildfire of innovation.
Titonamachy: the sports fest of IIFT Kolkata Campus – is one of the most anticipated events in the campus. Four teams, all vying for the cup, bring out the best as individuals, as teams & as leaders.
- Batch Size: 280
- Fresher: 30%
- Work experience <2 years: 50.4%
- Work experience >2 years: 19.6%
Placements & Fee Structure:
- Average Package (INR): 19,23,000/-
- Fee (INR): 16,25,000/-
- Mother Dairy
- Maruti Suzuki
- Tata Motors
- YES Bank
- Axis Bank
- Goldman Sachs
- ICICI Bank
- IDFC Bank
- General Electric
- Tata Steel
Infrastructure and facilities:
- Sports Complex
- WiFi Campus
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Kolkata
1583 Madurdaha,Chowbagha Road,
Ward No 108, Borough XII,Kolkata 700107,
Fax: +91-33-2443 2454