MAH CET Exam Syllabus & Difficulty LevelAnisha Mukhija
MAH CET Exam Syllabus & Difficulty Level
MAH-MBA CET full-form Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is a computer-based management entrance test.The test, officially known as MAH-MBA / MMS-CET, is carried out by the Technical Education Directorate, Maharashtra, for admission to management courses such as MBA/MMS in various institutes in the state of Maharashtra. Find below the detailed CET Exam syllabus for MBA and difficulty level.
CET 2021 Exam Key Highlights
- Number of Colleges through CET: 300+
- Conducting Body: Directorate of Technical Education (DTE)
- Mode of Examination: Online
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Application Process: Online
- Application fee: Rs 1000 (All India) & Rs 800 ( Maharashtra Candidates)
- Total Number of Questions: 200
- Total Time Duration: 120 Minutes
- Sessions of the exam Conducted: 4
Important CET Exam Date
|Online Registration Starts||May 2021 (Tentative)|
|Online Registration & Fee payment last date||May 2021 (Tentative)|
|The last date to edit application||May 2021 (Tentative)|
|Last date to print application||May 2021 (Tentative)|
|Hall Ticket||June 2021 (Tentative)|
|MAH CET 2020 Exam||June 2021 (Tentative)|
|Result Declaration||June 2021 (Tentative)|
|Counseling (CAP Rounds)||July-August 2021 (Tentative)|
CET Exam Pattern
- For 2021 MAH-CET, the Exam pattern was changed. The time duration was reduced from 2.5 hours to 2 hours while the number of questions is same i.e. 200
- MAH-CET is conducted online over a period of 2 hours (120 minutes).
- The medium of the exam was English, and the paper had a total of 200 multiple-choice questions.
- Candidates will be allotted 1 mark for every correct answer.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Every question had 5 answer options out of which candidates had to select one.
- The exam is held in multiple sessions. Competent Authority, using the standardized Equi-percentile method, equates scores across sessions.
- The test comprises multiple choice objective type questions. Candidates need to attempt 200 questions in 120 minutes.
MAH- CET Exam Syllabus 2021
MAH-CET Exam has four sections:
- Visual Reasoning
- Verbal Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
Syllabus of the above sections:
1. Visual Reasoning
This section has 25 questions. Visual reasoning is a significant part of the CET exam. Having a grip of these questions is very important. There is no negative marking in this section. The difficulty level of this section is from easy to moderate. But students who have not practiced these types of questions may consider it to be moderate to difficult. The questions in visual reasoning section are of different types.
|Fill in the Blanks|
2. Verbal Ability
This section has 50 questions. Reading comprehension forms a really important part of this section. The reading section doesn’t require focus and in-depth reading because the RCs are easy to moderate. MH-CET provides you a complete of 120 minutes to solve 200 questions. Out of those 120 minutes, you ought to attempt to spend 45 to 50 minutes on the VA Section.
|Sentence Completion||Fill in the Blanks|
|Statement Arguments||Critical Reasoning|
|Probable Starter||Cloze Passage|
|Fact Inference Judgements||Odd one out|
3. Quantitative Aptitude
This section has 50 questions. The questions in the QA section are of the easy to moderate level of difficulty. The major topics include questions on approximations and calculations including BODMAS, number system, percentage, interest, profit and loss, average, ratio proportion, alligations and mixtures, time and work, time speed & distance, etc.
|Ratio & Proportion||Profit & Loss|
|SI & CI||Quadratic Equations|
|Mixture & Allegation||Linear Equations|
|Mensuration||Time, Speed & Distance|
|Time & Work||Permutation & Combination|
|Coordinate Comparison||Coordinate Geometry|
|Data Sufficiency||Data Interpretation|
|Pie Charts||Bar Charts|
4. Logical Reasoning
This section has 75 questions. In the Logical Reasoning section, most of the questions are from the topics like analytical puzzles, alpha-numeric series, coding-decoding, blood relations, Symboperation, Syllogism, Input-output, etc. Apart from that the questions on different areas of verbal reasoning like courses of action, implicit assumptions and conclusions also appear in a sufficient number. Revising the concept of complementary pairs in a syllogism is Important for solving all the questions of syllogism.
|Puzzles||Parallel / Linear / Circular Arrangement|
|Conditional Coding||Blood Relation|
|Series||Clocks & Calenders|
|Critical Reasoning||Strong & Weak Argument|
|Course of Action||Cause & Effect|
|Statement & Assumptions||Statement & Conclusion|
|Pie Charts||Bar Charts|
Click here to read more about MAH-CET
MAH-CET MBA Exam Difficulty Level
Every MBA entrance exam has its own level of difficulty when you compare it with other MBA entrance exams. The CET exam difficulty level also varies from student to student.
When you compare MAH CET with CAT, the syllabus is not that different although CAT doesn’t actually have a well-defined syllabus. MAH CET paper pattern includes 200 questions in 150 mins, however, there is no negative marking.
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test commonly known as (MAH-CET) is a computer-based management entrance exam. It has sections including quantitative aptitude, data interpretation, data sufficiency, logical reasoning, visual reasoning, verbal ability, verbal reasoning, and reading comprehension. It is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education(DTE), Maharashtra for admission in the MBA/MMS programs in various B-schools all over Maharashtra. The exam is conducted in the month of March every year. It holds immense significance as its score is valid for admission to over 100 management colleges across Maharashtra. The admission to the management courses is a centralized process and is covered under the Centralized Admission Process (CAP).
- First of all, before preparing for any exam do full research on it. Then make a strategy to start your preparation. Make a study plan and divide the syllabus accordingly.
- Learn shortcuts and tricks for faster calculation. Tables, squares, and cubes need to be on your tips for successful mental calculation. These are major areas of Arithmetic topic in quants. You should try to develop approximations, decimal fractions, and percentages for better performance.
- Improve your vocabulary by referring to newspapers and reading books; also by adhering to a dictionary regularly. You need to learn new words, adopt the right usage, and ensure that you have an eye for mistakes. Download vocabulary building apps on your phones and you can also watch movies with English subtitles.
- Clear your basics first of all the topics in each section. Then identify your strengths and weaknesses because it gets imperative to turn your weaknesses into strengths and refine your strengths further in the race to succeed.
- Avoid delay in studying the syllabus. One must check in advance whether all the topics are understood. Follow your strategy to complete the syllabus on time and also save time for mocks.
- Only practice makes a man perfect. The more you practice more easily you will be able to solve the problems. Each attempt will help one understand something that you have forgotten earlier.
- Once you’ve identified your strengths and weaknesses, it is really important to set small improvement targets and see if you are meeting those targets. You climb a ladder, one step a time, not all at once. It is also to analyze your progress from time to time. One should also be aware of the CET exam pattern of the previous year
- You should ensure that you eat healthy during the exam season and sleep well to be fresh enough to retain as well as apply.
CET Exam Books & Mocks
CATKing has a special team that designs all the study materials. We have specially designed the books in three sets to help students learn in a systematic manner. Basic books give a good start for students to understand all the basic concepts which are a must to know. Once the students have understood the basics, we move to the Advance which increases the levels & then Intensive where you get your hands on the actual exam level questions.
For Online Coaching click here.
CATKing has strategically divided the MBA entrance preparation into 3 sets of books. Basic, Advance & Intensive.
The basic books help students build a strong fundamental about the various concepts. Once they are done with the basic books, they can switch to Advance which helps them understand their level of preparedness with the various concepts. Once done with the advance book, they can move to the Intensive level where they get to solve the actual exam level questions
CATKing Mocks are well-known for their actual exam level questions, this is since they are designed by the exam toppers of the respective exams. Not only that for every mock, but we also have an analysis video that will help you understand the toppers approach for each mock. With this pack you get the following mocks:
30 CAT Mocks
20 CET Mocks
20 NMAT Mocks
10 XAT Mocks
3 MICAT Mocks
10 CMAT Mocks
- Video Analysis for All Mocks
- Free CET mocks