CET ExamAnisha Mukhija
CET Exam Details- Eligibility, Registrations, Syllabus, Application Process, Exam Pattern, Exam Centres, Difficulty level, Top colleges through CET, Mocks.
What is the CET Exam?
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MAH-CET) is a computer-based management examination. Officially referred to as MAH-MBA-CET, The examination is carried out by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra, for admission to management courses such as MBA / MMS in various institutes in the state of Maharashtra.
The exam is conducted within the month of March per annum, and therefore the results of an equivalent are usually declared in March end.
Admission to the management courses like MBA/MMS/PGDBM/PGDM is a centralized process and covered under the MBA CET CAP round process also known as the Centralized Admission Process (CAP) administered by the Competent Authority of the State of Maharashtra.
CET Exam Key Highlights
- Number of Colleges through CET: 300+
- Conducting Body: Directorate of Technical Education (DTE)
- Mode of Examination: Online
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Application Process: Online
- Application fee: Rs 1000 (All India) & Rs 800 ( Maharashtra Candidates)
- Total Number of Questions: 200
- Total Time Duration: 150 Minutes
- Sessions of the exam Conducted: 4
For preparation join our Online CET courses
CET Exam Eligibility
- Candidates must have a bachelors’ degree in any discipline from any recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks, and at least 45% in case of reserved candidates.
- Final year students can also apply.
- Candidates appearing for CAT / GMAT / CMAT /MAT February / XAT/ ATMA are considered to be eligible for admission against the All India Seats subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria. Such candidates need to fill online application form according to the schedule.
Also Read: 10 Tips to crack CET
Important CET Exam Dates 2021
|Online Registration Starts||10th February 2021|
|Online Registration & Fee payment last date||15th March 2021|
|The last date to edit the application||15th March 2021|
|Last date to print the application||15th March 2021|
|Hall Ticket||25st March 2021|
|MAH CET 2020 Exam||30th & 31st March 2021|
|Result Declaration||May 2021|
|Counseling (CAP Rounds)||June 2021|
CET Application Process
Step 1: Fill in the Application form
Candidates willing to use for the MAH CET exam got to fill within the form. Candidates must note that the appliance form is often filled online only. The registrations are normally called in January with a deadline somewhere in February. Candidates must note that one candidate is allowed to fill only one form. Multiple applications are going to be rejected.
Step 2: Download MAH CET Admit Card
Candidates who register successfully for MAH CET get access to admit cards a minimum of every week before the exam. The admit cards are going to be available for download on the official website. To download an equivalent, candidates got to provide their username and password. Each admits card will carry a license number which can be unique for each aspirant.
Click here: Get free mocks for CAT, CET, NMAT
Step 3: Appear for MAH CET Exam
Candidates can expect questions from sections like Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, and Quantitative Aptitude and Logical / Abstract Reasoning.
Step 4: Check MAH CET Result
Test-takers can expect MAH CET results within every week from the date of the test. The scorecards are often downloaded from the official website employing a username and password. Post-result-declaration, aspirants will get to apply to the state colleges of their choice through DTE.
MAH CET exam will consist of four sections: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension and Quantitative Aptitude and Logical / Abstract Reasoning. A total of 200 questions have to be attempted in 150 minutes. There are no negative marks for incorrect answers. Here’s a detailed look at the syllabus:
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Para Jumbles
- Reading Comprehension
- Antonyms/ Synonyms
- Statement Argument
- Critical Reasonings
- Fact Inference Judgements
- Fill in the Blanks
- Error Correction
- Sentence Completion
- Ratio & Proportions
- Profit & Loss
- SI & CI
- Time, Speed, and Distance
- Time and Work
- Averages and Mixtures
- Number System
- LCM and HCF
- Permutation & Combinations
- Coordinate Geometry
- Data Interpretation
- Pie Charts
- Venn Diagram
- Data Sufficiency
- Data Comparison
Logical / Abstract Reasoning:
- Floor- Based
- Linear Arrangement
- Circular Arrangement
- Month Based
- Blood Relations
- Venn Diagrams
- Clock-Based Questions
- Visual Reasonings
- Logical Sequence
- Critical Reasoning
- Symbol Based Comparison
- Conditional Coding
Also read: CAT vs CET
CET Exam Centres
MAH CET is conducted at various exam centers across India. The allocation of exam centers shall be done by DTE on the idea of the candidate’s preference. Candidates must note that when selected, the selection of the center can’t be changed. Candidates must make sure that they reach the exam center a minimum of an hour before the reporting time.
CET Exam Pattern
- MAH-CET is conducted online over a period of 2.5 hours (150 minutes).
- The medium of the exam was English, and the paper had a total of 200 multiple-choice questions.
- Candidates will be allotted 1 mark for every correct answer.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Every question had 5 answer options out of which candidates had to select one.
- The exam is held in multiple sessions. Competent Authority, using the standardized Equi-percentile method, equates scores across sessions.
- The test comprises multiple choice objective type questions. Candidates need to attempt 200 questions in 150 minutes.
There are four sections in the paper:
- Logical Reasoning (LR)
- Abstract Reasoning (AR)
- Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)
The number of questions per sections is:
- LR- 75 Questions
- AR- 25 Questions
- QA- 50 Questions
- VARC- 25 questions
CET Exam Application Form
Candidates are allowed to fill in only one Application Form. Multiple applications will be rejected. To apply online, candidates need to follow four steps:
Fill within the Registration Details, choose your Password, and write system generated Application ID here. Candidates need to choose a password and security question and enter his/her Answer. After the successful submission of the info, the appliance ID is going to be generated. This ID is going to be wont to complete the remaining Steps of the appliance Form like uploading images of photo and signature, Edit dates, Payment, and also required for all future correspondence.
Candidates need to upload scanned images of their photograph and signature in .jpg/.jpeg format only. Here are some points to remember:
1. Size of the photo image must be greater than 10 kb & but 100 kb
2. Size of the signature image must be greater than 5 kb & but 20 kb
3.Dimension of photograph image should be 3.5 cm(width) x 4.5 cm(Height) only
4.Dimension of signature image should be 3.5 cm(length) x 1.5 cm(Height) only
Candidates can edit their data, before final submission. Once saved, candidates cannot change the info.
Thereafter candidates got to pay the appliance fee via Card / open-end credit / Internet Banking or by e-Challan to be submitted at any Axis Bank Ltd in India. The application fee once paid won’t be refunded (full or partial) under any circumstances.
Mode of Payment:
Candidates can prefer to pay the appliance fee either by MasterCard / open-end credit / Internet Banking or via e-Challan: to be submitted at any Axis Bank Ltd in India.
The candidate has got to select the Mastercard / open-end credit / Internet Banking choice to pay the appliance fee and follow the web instruction to finish the payment of a fee. After successful payment, the candidate are going to be ready to print the appliance Form.
The candidate has got to select an e-challan choice to deposit the appliance fee. One must take a printout of e-Challan and take it to the closest branch of the Axis bank for creating a payment. After the confirmation of the fee deposited from Bank/DTE, the candidate is going to be ready to print the appliance Form.
CET Exam Difficulty Level
MAH CET is exclusive in its own way. The paper features a mixture of all questions from quantitative aptitude, data interpretation, data sufficiency, logical reasoning, visual reasoning, verbal ability, verbal reasoning, and reading comprehension during a jumbled format. MAH-CET tests the scholars for consistency across these diverse question sets. It also tests students on a spread of questions at different levels of difficulty under extreme time pressure.
So while it’s generally thought to be together of the better papers to crack, students very easily overlook the very fact that it’s not the power having the ability to answer the question that gets you the admission but the ability to beat your competitors within the race against the clock that wins you the seat.
It is true that CET is more predictable than a number of the opposite exams, but it’s the very fine nuances within the level of difficulty annually that becomes the foremost vital element of surprise and deals a blow to the simplest of the strategies. this is often at the most times difficult to affect as against exams where unpredictability itself is predictable. this is often what makes CET challenging and difficult.
CET Exam Study Material & Mocks
CATKing has a special team that designs all the study materials. We have specially designed the books in three sets to help students learn in a systematic manner. Basic books give a good start for students to understand all the basic concepts which are a must to know. Once the students have understood the basics, we move to the Advance which increases the levels & then Intensive where you get your hands on the actual exam level questions.
For Online Coaching click here.
CATKing has strategically divided the MBA entrance preparation into 3 sets of books. Basic, Advance & Intensive.
The basic books help students build a robust fundamental about the varied concepts. Once they’re through with the essential books, they will switch to Advance which helps them understand their level of preparedness with the varied concepts. Once through with the advanced book, they will move to the Intensive level where they get to unravel the particular exam level questions
CATKing Mocks are well-known for their actual exam level questions, this is since they are designed by the exam toppers of the respective exams. Not only that for every mock, but we also have an analysis video that will help you understand the toppers approach for each mock. With this pack you get the following mocks:
30 CAT Mocks
20 CET Mocks
20 NMAT Mocks
10 XAT Mocks
3 MICAT Mocks
10 CMAT Mocks
- Video Analysis for All Mocks
- Free mocks
CET Exam Shortcut tricks
- First of all, line up of practice papers/mock tests.
- For any entrance, visiting NCERT books of grade school is necessary; likewise for CET. So cover basics with these books. Concept over application; actually, concept alongside application requires this.
- To make your calculations faster learn speed calculations strategy like memorize squares, cubes, root, Percentages & Fraction Conversion. Also, learn some Vedic maths shortcuts.
- Improve your vocabulary by pertaining to newspapers and reading books; also by adhering to a dictionary regularly. you would like to find out new words, adopt the proper usage, and make sure that you’ve got an eye fixed for mistakes.
- Avoid Procrastination: don’t delay in studying the syllabus. One must sign up to advance whether all the topics are understood.
- Give mocks and identify your weak and powerful areas. Use your strong areas as strength and work on the weak areas. attempt to clear the fundamentals of your weak areas again.
- Once you’ve identified your strengths and weaknesses, it’s really important to line small improvement targets and see if you’re meeting those targets. You climb a ladder, one step a time, not all directly.
- Practice the maximum amount as you’ll. The more you practice more easily you’ll be ready to solve the issues. Each attempt will help one understand something that you simply have forgotten earlier.
- Solve questions half-hour per day. If you are doing that, you develop patience and speed to excel within the 150 minutes final test.
- You need to follow the strategic approach even during the test. Questions are often marked to be revisited later if not answered within the first go. Doing this increases accuracy also as total attempts within the exam.
Sleep for sufficient hours.
- Eat a healthy diet and exercise daily to stay active and healthy.
Top Colleges Through CET
- Jamanalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), Mumbai
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai
- N L Dalmia Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- PUMBA Pune
- Chetna, Mumbai
- IES Management College And Research Centre, Mumbai
- MET Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Management Studies and Research, Navi Mumbai
- Xavier Institute of Management Research, Mumbai
- Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Management & Research (DYPIMR), Pimpri, Pune
- VESIM Mumbai: Vivekanand Education Society Institute of Management Studies Research
- Sri Balaji University Pune
- Guru Nanak Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Rizvi Institute of Management Studies & Research (RIMSR), Mumbai
- Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management Studies, (DSIMS) Mumbai
- ISME School Of Management and Entrepreneurship
- International School of Management and Research – ISMR
- IIMS Pune: International Institute of Management Studies
- Mumbai Educational Trust, Mumbai
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, Mumbai
- St. Francis Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- Fr. C. Rodrigues Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Don Bosco Institute of Management and Research (DBIMR)
- Indira Institue of Management, Pune
- Alkesh Dinesh Mody Institute for Financial & Management Studies, Mumbai